Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The past couple of days have been....

very confusing, with a lot of extra emotion thrown in. I have something I need to write. I need to write.....until then...this sorta of ties in.



Far Away
Michael Wood
I recieved a gift today that brought this post to mind. It was something very precious that I'll always treasure.
To the light that shines in my life....you give me comfort, strength and so much more.
Thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I saw this painting, I thought about Nickelbacks song "Far Away" and a story someone once told me.
It was a story about their Grandparents. A story of hope and love. The Grandfather had gone off to find his way in the world. The two were separated by time and distance for many years and yet, the love they felt for each other survived. Eventually, they were reunited and lived out their lives together.
When I think of this story, it always reminds me of "The Legend of the Claddaugh". Another story of love that lasted the test of time.
It's nice to know that love like this exist. That two souls can weather any storm.




The following was written by Robert Hogan. He gave me his permission to use this anytime. It was in my blast for a while.
Feeling allows pain, but feeling allows love. It's a trade off. I can deal with pain, I could nor would not want to numb myself to love.
When I read this, it really touched me. It actually changed the way I viewed some things. I have been blessed to know much love in my life. Family and friends. I've known the romantic love. I have loved very deeply. Sometimes the love we feel isn't returned but, I think that having the ability to Love is a wonderful thing.
I don't know if I'll ever give that kind of love to anyone again. Honestly, it scares the shit out of me. I don't fall in love easily but, when I do, I fall hard. I have known the pain of love but, I can't say that I regret the times it was in my life.
What I really think is, I'm tired. I haven't slept much the past few days and I just have too much stuff rolling around in my head. Since I have to get up at 4 AM, I think I'm going to try to call it a night.
Hope you all have had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are at peace with whatever emotions come your way...can't wait to see you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Linda hang in there love ya huggs;) xxx

    ReplyDelete