Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Picture Perfect Double Whammy

Here Comes the Bride

August 28, 1965
December 11, 2009



My post this week is in memory of my sister-in-law and dear friend……Mitzi Lynn Hudson. I took this photo the day she and my brother were married. Yesterday was her birthday. Clyde and Mitzi had been together for many years. They, like most couples, had their share of ups and downs. They were separated for a time, but eventually, found their way back to each other. They were married on Friday the 13th. This was just like Mitzi. I spent that whole week with her running around….preparing and dodging obstacles. Mitzi was diagnosed with Cancer before their first wedding anniversary.
While I was with her that week, she kept talking about a knot on her head. She was trying to cover it with her hair. At the time, we didn’t know it was a tumor. She was sick then. I’m so thankful I had that time with her. We created more memories to share.
Morticia and I went to Ga. To see her while she was in the hospital. As sick as she was, she was still Mitzi. I walked in during one of the visits and told her I had drove thru Tallahassee…..she raised her head, attempted to look out the window and said “I don’t hear any helicopters.” That was Mitzi….


.
 
 
http://thatswhenwesnapped.blogspot.com/2012/08/picture-perfect-double-whammy.html

2 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful shot of Mitzi Linda perfect for the theme;) xx

    ReplyDelete