Monday, August 27, 2012

Finally...days end




Finally, this day has come to an end.  It was a slow day, but filled with fires to put out.

Do you remember, when you were young, or younger, thinking and dreaming about what you wanted to be when you grew up?  Restaurant Manager was never on my list.  This whole thing started as a part time job to make a little extra money and now….I’m running the place.  It takes up all of my time and my life.  Just ask Baz….LOL  He’s seen it firsthand.  So has Rita.

I had a lot of different dreams growing up.  I wanted to be a writer, a librarian, a teacher, and even a secretary.  And of course, a photographer.

All my life, I’ve surrounded myself with books.  One of my earliest memories is of me sitting behind my Daddy’s chair with a stack of Dr. Seuss books.  I think I was around five years old.  Going to the library was always exciting to me.  All those books, all those stories…all those places that I could visit inside those pages.  I would walk down the aisle, running my hand along the books, completely captivated and immensely happy.

I guess that’s why English and Literature were always my best subjects in school.  I used to love to diagram sentences.  I’m not sure I could do it now, but then I loved it and it was one of the few things I excelled at. 

I am still surrounded by books.  I have books everywhere.  Every so often, I give them away to others that love to read, and then find myself filling up every nook and cranny again.  I have books on photography, books from school, books of photographs, books of artworks by some of my favorite artist, and then there’s the escape books….LOL.  I have lots of Nora Roberts, Karen Hawkins and many others.

Maybe that’s why I love blogging so much.  I can find all of my favorite things in one place.  I’ve also made many wonderful friends along the way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment