Monday, April 25, 2011

Mono Monday Plus....(lost count)

While we were in Savannah, we walked along river street and came across a mask...We took a couple shots of it.  Later, Gator suggested I put Morticia's eye's in it...so here it goes. 

 

 
 
I used these two shots.  Using layers I put them together.
 
 
I never delete the bad shots.  Why?  Who knows.  In this case, I had one that I decided to use as a frame.
 
 
 
So there goes...nothing special, but it was fun playing with PS again.  I've used Lightroom for so long in my classes, I haven't really played with layers in a while.  But my next class in a PS class, and I'll have to upgrade to CS5.  Maybe I'll learn some more tricks.  But, honestly, I've learned more from the Gator than I have from these classes.  He's not just my friend, he's my mentor.  Thanks Gator....I've come a long way since the first MM.   You're the reason why.
 

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning shot!! You clever girl you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me very cool I love it;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mask looks even more fun and mischievious with Morticia's eyes looking out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Her eyes are a perfect color for the mask!!

    As for Gator, you said that wonderfully! He is one special fella!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda this is great and a perfect fit as well.

    I am often at a loss for words when I try to describe what the Gator is to me ans you said it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your not just a pretty face. Very clever stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda I had a blast with you and Morticia the two days you were here..and this project turned out very well..and I was so honored to get to meet the two of you after so long..and the specialness of friendship is both ways my dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. great work! I woulda recognized those eyes anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You might have done "nothing special" but that photograph montage is 1. cool 2. kinda scary and 3. certainly awesome!

    By the way, the hardest part to developing your own film at home is learning to get the film onto the spools. My kids start to run when I go to the darkroom to transfer my film to the spools. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate, I'm heading into Uni tomorrow to hand in an assignment and to develop my film from Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day - I could do it at home but they have a film drying cabinet where at home I dry my negs over the bath where they are at risk from a curious cat, dust and floating kitty fluff!

    How are things going with your studies Linda? Hope you're still enjoying your course?

    ReplyDelete