Monday, November 1, 2010

Mono Monday Plus....The Gathering 8

Many years ago, with the birth of the first granchildren, the tradition of "The Little Red Wagon" began.  My Dad loved the radio flyers.  He told me once that he had always wanted one when he was little.  So, as the Granchildren arrived, each Christmas, a little red wagon was given.  Then came the Great Grands....Tylers wagon was as small as he was, but true to tradition, it was a Radio Flyer.  Now it's my turn.  I think there will be three under the tree this year.
At his funeral, a little red wagon was brought in.  Each Grandchild placed a flower within. 
Today is my Dad's birthday, so my MM is dedicated to him....

Photo of the wagon by Jacquie...aka Serenole...
 

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Clyde.............Linda this is a wonderful tribute to your dad. Hugs for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with sadness comes the smiles as well...im sorry for your loss linda..but today smile as you remember you know thats what he would want like remembering the radio flyers..im sure he is smiling from where he watches over you...what a loving tribute..and yes Happy Birthday Clyde ..you did good chic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss him Gator. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know you do...hugs specially today

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful story and a beautiful tradition. I love your MM!

    Empress C's Mono Plus

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful picture. It's also a beautiful tradition and I'm so glad you're carrying on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face all at the same time! What a lovely tradition and lovely memories. Happy Birthday to Clyde and Hugs to Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!! I teared up and love the wagon idea!! Happy Birthday Dad!!
    Oh I wish I had met him just once! Hugs to you sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Lindyloo! And I also loved the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful tribute, beautifully done ...and who wouldn't love a Radio Flyer?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the tribute for your Dad and a great tradition. Thanks for the visit to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely tribute to your dad Linda and awesome layers work you did. That's
    a sweet tradition with the wagons...

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/929/Mono_Monday_PLUS6-Mooned

    ReplyDelete