Monday, September 27, 2010

Mono Monday Plus....The Gathering 3

Hi all.  I have entries for MM and for plus this week.  First, I have a picture of my niece Alyssa.  I'm not sure who took the picture.  She was married this past weekend.  My brother posted this on his facebook and I, ahhhh borrowed it. 
 
This is the original shot.  I took it to PS and upped the contrast, and played with the levels.
 
 
Then I took it to Picnic.  I used the Holga-is feature to change it to black and white.  Then, I added a reflection frame.
 
 
 
I liked this, but wanted to give it something a little more.  I applied the circle splash effect from the sandbox, in Picnic.  This one is my favorite.  I like it because the focus is on Alyssa.
 
 
 
 
Now, my plus entry.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  Spent a few days on it.  The moon shot isn't mine.  It was taken by a friend,with his permission to use it. 
 
I found some really cool brushes and downloaded them.  The site is called brushezzy.  Hopefully, this link will work.  
 
 
And now....My dragon...
 
 
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. What you did with Alyssa is just beautiful, and I LOVE how the dragon turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mop. Really wish I could have been there. As for my dragon, started all over. LOL I think this one was better. Thanks for being my bouncing board. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda I love love love what you did to Alyssa especially the last one of her. Your Dragon......super. I have got to get busy here............

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey chic..i knew when you posted the pic and mentioned alyssa it would turn out fab...a very lovely young lady the first set of pics mad e adifference on bumping it up as the color pops more...and I always loved shooting with holgas back in the day..and the final bw indeed puts her at the center of attention ..just the place for a beautiful lady...the final piece looks perfect for an album art..or maybe the center of an old vinyl LP love the eyes staring out of the wings ..excellent..a fine set youve given us this week linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rita...I love my dragon....

    Check out those brushes....they're a lot of cool ones. Was thinking of posting the link and a couple of the brushes on the MM page. Also, should have time to work on the flame brush this week..tutorial that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Vickie. Alyssa is a beautiful girl. Very unique...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gator. I'm going to try to do one with her and Mitzi. I'm hoping I can get some more pictures from my brother.

    And my dragon....it was lots of fun. Love the brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did Linda, your niece is gorgeous and the editing really showed that even more!
    Cool moon and dragon too. Well done!

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/893/Mono_Monday_PLUS_3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mia, I tried to view your entry, but it wouldn't let me. It says friends and family only.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these. That dragon is so
    Neat. I love the effect you gave to the
    Last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mono entry it really makes Alyssa the center piece of the photo. Like the dragon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are both really great entries! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful PP work on all....the last being my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you're getting really good at playing with digital imaging :)

    ReplyDelete