Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back in time....Repost from Aug 2007

Facets
Frank Licsko
...a year ago today, this was my post. Strange how fate steps in. This was something I needed to remember today.
Facets-any of the definable aspects that make up a subject (as of contemplation) or an object (as of consideration)
It seems to me that the facets of our lives are comprised of many things. They shape and mold us into the people we are. We have the times that are full of happiness and joy. Memories of family and friends. Some of which, are in our lives for only a short time but, leave us with so much.
There are the times of sorrow and adversity. Times that are filled with fear and uncertainty. I think these are the times that we grow and learn the most. Heart break and betrayal that fills us with doubt, not only about others but about ourselves. The journey back up is not always easy when we've been knocked down by the events in our lives.
I think the most important facet in our lives is Love. The ability not only to give love but to recieve it. My life is filled with Love. The love of my family and friends. My daughters and my grandsons. This is what I reach for in the difficult times of my life. This is what gives me the strength to pull myself back up or to stand strong when I'm needed by others.
Even with the rough times in my life, I have truely been blessed with what I have been given.

3 comments:

  1. HUGs................♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. love and our faith in God is what keeps us going Linda . love ya girl. I cant get that dang pic to load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and faith...and family. Love you too Chic. And you'll get it. LOL

    ReplyDelete