Saturday, September 26, 2009

Man Of Mystery

 
Man Of Mystery
Jack Vettriano
 
Some of you, newer to my wee world, may not know of my passion for Scottish artist, Jack Vettriano.  I haven't posted anything of his in a while.  Above is one of his newest works.  "Man Of Mystery".  (Honey if ya ask me, they're all a friggen mystery)
 
 
 
Back Where You Belong
Jack Vettriano
 
This one holds a special place in my heart.  Two lovers coming together.  Kept apart by time, distance....but now Back where they belong.  It sets me off to day dreams of one day. 
 
 
 
Along Came A Spider
Jack Vettriano
 
Ahhh but, this one.  My Favorite!!!!!  Along came a spider.  For a mere $6000 dollars it could be mine.  Anybody want to loan me some money?  LMAO  Morticia and I are going to buy it together, along with a huge house that connects in the middle.  One side hers, one side mine.  The middle ours.  LOL We'll hang it there.  Of course, one of us has to win the lottery first.
 
 
 
 
At one time, there was a video of his paintings that was done to one of my favorite songs, My Immortal, (once again thank you Holly)  but, seems it's been removed.  But, this is another one that shows some of his work.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Or you can click the following link to some of my past blogs and favorites...

 

Jack Vettriano

 

15 comments:

  1. Linda these are great..............I have about 43 cents in pennies............they are all yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-))
    Really?
    Like women ain't a completely closed book then?
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a great artist though, wish I could afford some of his stuff.

    Another one I like is Robert Lenkiewicz, sadly no longer with us. He was an eccentric, exceedingly tall man always dressed in black or very dark flowing clothes. It's thought that many of his subjects (mostly dark haired beautiful women) were also his lovers, go count the number of models he used! There are a number of murals of his in Plymouth depicting many local people most of who are nude! Since his fairly recent death his already sought after work has had an explosion of interest with the consequent huge increase in value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A FAVORITE ARTIST OF MINE;0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looking at these few I like him already. But Back Where You Belong is my favorite (of the ones here). It makes me daydream too. Damnit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh ... I have missed your postings on this passionate artist. Whenever I happen upon one of his paintings I cannot help but think of you. :)
    Why don't you create your own video? As you know, I make them all the time. If you like, I will whip one up for you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, he's a fast worker. Painting me already. I only just met him a few weeks ago......
    Snigger

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just noticed - for some reason it never struck me before - not one blonde woman in the whole bunch. All brunettes. I wonder why that is. No blonde ever inspired him before? His muse looks like the woman in the paintings?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda - just read Emmm's blog made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leslie, if you Google him and look at one of the sites that sell Vettriano prints, if you look through them, you'll find a blonde here and there. You're right though, his models are predominantly brunette. I couldn't find a single redhead though. I feel discriminated against.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love that Maggie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought that Chic in the painting looked familiar...LMAO.

    And I can still see you in my head stalking him just for me. LOL

    Now that's a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, even if he doesn't go for us fair-haired babes, he's still pretty incredible!!! Thanks lindy, for this view! I really enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are quite welcome sweetie!
    Hey Jack ... are you listening?? Redheads Rock! lol

    ReplyDelete