Sunday, August 9, 2009

MM Monday

MM Monday...I've always enjoyed this and I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.  I've learned a lot with this group.  Not just from the Gator, who I really miss but, from many of you.  The pictures I used this week are one that I took of my daughter and a sunset from one the rare days that Morticia and I had to just go out and play.   After I blended the two pictures, I changed it to black and white and used a midnight blue filter.  Not sure which one I like best.  In the one in color, I used the color dodge when I blended and went down a little on the opacity.  Looks like theres a sunspot on her face, guess I'll have to go back and fix that.  I think I may print and frame one of these.  Now, If I can just find the right combination of contrast on tones for the one I'm working on of Brandy.

I look forward to viewing the entries this week but, may have to wait until tomorrow.  Just back from the hospital.  Seems I'm a little dehydrated.

Y'all take care

 
 

15 comments:

  1. What do you mean a little dehydrated???
    Beautiful work on the shots and I like the bottom one the best.
    Hands Linda a glass of water and watches while she drinks it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'll be the one on the fence here. I love them both and would nearly be tempted to mirror one of them and make a set! There I said it!! Your talent for this is beyond just great. This is one of those things I haven't quite grasped yet, but need to keep working on to get it right! Very nice!!

    *Hands Linda a glass of tea!* Down the hatch girl! Only cause we love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 'em both, but I'm partial to the color one. What do you mean "when it's gone"? And what happened to the Gator? Gah, I can't wait til I'm back and keep up with you people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100%....awesome work--the First one has so much romance it could be a book cover for Nora Roberts! The Blue one also has such a mysterious look another great book cover maybe for Dean Koonts!
    http://dixxebell.multiply.com/journal/item/294/Monday-_Monday-_Mono_Monday--

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the first one a bit better too, it looks warmer and happier, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH, super work Linda, I prefer the first one too. Just clone out that little sunspot and you will have an awesome image, she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her left eye looks funky in the blue one, but not in the color one

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I love both! I didn't think I would like anyone better than the first one. But I DO! LOL I would print both they are so beautiful! Fantastic job. Maybe she should get one for her Bday or something? LOL


    Empress C's Mono Plus

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous Linda! Please be careful ... my doc just finished fussing at me for the same thing. Sigh {{HUGGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! I think I like the nighttime one best - although they are both outstanding. Such a beautiful lady!!
    What "at the hospital"?? And why are you dehydrated??
    "handing Linda a glass of Gatorade & watches as she drinks it"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the blue one best, but I wish you could see the tree better.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are nice but I like the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blue one is my favorite too Emmm. I like the mystical look of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete