Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture Perfect~~~Collective

 

My very first PP was the word "Collective".  When I saw this weeks word, It came to mind immediately so, hopefully not breaking rules, I'm re-posting it.  Since I've been called into work and don't have time to start another search, it works for me.  I've always loved participating in PP but, lately finding the time seems hard.

 

Collective

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A collective is a group of people who share or are motivated by at least one common issue or interest, or work together on a specific project(s) to achieve a common objective.

I chose this picture because, the gulls are, collectively, gathered on the beach, enjoying the same thing. Greeting a new day.

I took this picture in Feb. while at the beach with my friend Carolyn. Just after the sun had risen. I was using my Kodak 340.

 

For more on PP click here.

 

 

59 comments:

  1. It is a great shot. I know why you wanted to post it a second time

    ReplyDelete
  2. still a good shot second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... how cute is that.. this was your very 1st entry??? that is just picture perfect!!! Picture Perfect - Collective

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gulls are on their way to the seafood bar for some shrimp and tequila...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collective collection. Plus it's a good photo. My Rockin' Heart Ranch's entry for week 3 "Collective"

    http://mrsrh.multiply.com/journal/item/126/Lynda_Rockin_Heart_Ranchs_PP_Week_3_Collective_

    Lynda Harris at http://mrsrh.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how half of them are awake and the other half have their heads tucked under their wings! Terrific photo :-)
    http://joanne7111.multiply.com/journal/item/226/Picture_Perfect_-_Collective

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fabulous shot and certainly is a collective /:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shot. I love the beach scene, the reflecton of the birds make this one great!
    :~)

    http://darlene57.multiply.com/journal/item/286/Picture_Perfect_Collective

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your picture reminded me of .....

    The gulls who scorn perfection for the sake of travel go nowhere, slowly. Those who put aside travel for the sake of perfection go anywhere, instantly.
    'Jonathan Livingston Seagull', Richard Bach Quotes

    LC, Jonathan Livingston Seagull is, without a doubt, my most favorite book. I'm surprised actually that I have recommended it to you before .. I have a feeling you will like it. And now, you can read it online. http://www.crookedbush.com/cgi-bin/bookviewer.pl?bookname=jonathon_livingston_seagull

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've put it in my favorites Holly so I can go back later and read it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautifully written and the language is poetic. A must read for anyone who limits themselves. And .. it's very short.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a gorgeous photo and you did good and hope your time at work is now over and you're back at home resting !!

    http://sharonl344.multiply.com/journal/item/220/Picture_Perfect_Week_4Collective

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a similar photo that I almost used for this week, but I changed my mind. Great shot.

    http://ninakobie.multiply.com/journal/item/480/Picture_Perfect_

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I'm glad you posted it twice.. I musta missed it the first time... its breath taking!!

    Click here for my entry

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know seagulls are considered a plain and common bird but I think they are lovely. Great shot of them too!

    Empress C's PP

    ReplyDelete