Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mono Monday Plus #28 (MM #42)

Another MM rolls around.  I have an entry for both this week.  First is a picture of my daughter Brandy.  I loved the way the light was shinning around her that day.  I didn't get the shot the way I wanted (I believe this is called lens flare.  Need a lens hood) so, I played with it a bit in Picnik.  Speaking of which, is anyone, besides me having problems with picnik this week?

Back to the picture, the first is my original.  Then, I changed it to black and white, flipped the pic, adjusted the saturation and temperature, softened it a bit and added a vignette.  Still wasn't what I was after but, I like it a little better.

 

My plus entry~My favorite Eagles song is Witchy Woman.  A few nights ago, with all the talk of the moon, I played around with a picture.  I've been doing different things with it this week.  I couldn't decide which one I liked best so, You all can help me decide.

 

This is the first one, seemed to be missing something and too light at the bottom.

 
 
Layered it here with another moon shot.
 
 
 
Then played with this shot.  A self portrait here.  I was playing with the mirror and candles.  Recording settings.  I liked this one but, the moon in the eyes didn't show up so much.
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to give it a spooky, mystical look so, I added a layer of mossed covered tress to it.  LOL
 
 
 
 
 
As you can see, I continued to play.  The shot of the truck isn't mine.  It was taken by a friend who gave me permission to use it.
 
 
 
 
So, there ya have it.  For more on MM Click here.

22 comments:

  1. Wow you did a good job on all of them. I like the way your daughter's photo came out in the B&W, love her curls. I like the first mirror photo best.

    http://bonniels.multiply.com/journal/item/405/Mono_Monday_Plus_28_MM_42

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Witchy Woman shots 1 & 3 - they're great! Also, Brandy is beautiful with the sun shining on her hair like that! You're amazing - & I love it that you experiment & fiddle with your shots to get something truly inventive! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the first truck shot. And Thank you Leslie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww linda you have been a busy chic first the original top shot a nice classic shot a tip when shooting without a lens hood is to use a hat or piece of card board held just out of frame to block the light entering the lens nice job though..and the different creative pieces for me the first shot and the third from the bottom are eye catchers for me..though each rendition offers a different look which all are good...thats my input though

    ReplyDelete
  5. LC...just don't care for the ones of you. Sorry...just too much tinkering around with a basically good shot for me.
    But, you know, I'm not a pro...that's just an opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My you have been very busy!
    I love the picture of your daughter, I love the first witch woman - You look spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My you have been very busy!
    I love the picture of your daughter, I love the first witch woman - You look spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture of your daughter and what you did with it.

    The first witchy picture is the best.

    I like the first one with the truck. Nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The conversion to B&W of your daughter turned out very well.All the others are very good,but,No.1 is my favourite,Thanks for stopping by.
    http://sue980.multiply.com/journal/item/103/Mono_Monday_42_plus28

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like #2 and #3 of the mirror pictures, same pic but totally different feels by how you changed them.

    http://johnoh.multiply.com/journal/item/260

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW...I really love the moon eyes one and the multi-layered ones are very interesting...much to explore in that. Great work...
    http://dixxebell.multiply.com/journal/item/256/MM_42

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure if I would have known it was a truck if you hadn't told me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy cow - that is amazing - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely the first one with just the moon in the eyes. I love that one. I don't think it is missing a thing! They are all wonderful though. Love the imagination behind it!

    Empress C's Mono Plus

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the 4th witchy woman one thats just wicked! I like them all but that was great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the second one of you in front of the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow you really had fun playing with the moon.
    Sorry it took me so long to get around this week, sometimes things just get in the way.
    http://naarta.multiply.com/journal/item/519/Mono_Monday_sort_of...............

    ReplyDelete
  18. All well done, all appealing. But, for me, I don't like the ones with the moon on your forehead.....to me, it looks like a big white bullet hole or something. Just the moon in the eyes, yea, that's what I like.

    ReplyDelete