Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mono Monday Plus #10 (MM #24)

 
I've been playing around with paint.net this week.  Been having fun with the different effects they have.  The picture above is one I took when my friend, Jean and I went to the lake last week.  We had been playing in the rain and chasing raindrops. LOL
 
First thing I did was crop it in a bit.  I changed it to black and white but wasn't really happy with that so I tried sepia.  Then I went to the effects, photo, soften photo.  I then went back to effects and chose artistic.  Then changed it to oil painting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After this I played a bit more.  I went back to effects.  Chose the distort tool and the polar inversion.  This is my final pic.
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I really love the black and white one. The detail in the feather is so pronounced and the water droplet glows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the pics hon .... you are really good at playing with the pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool, Linda....I still actually like the first one the best, but the last one is just awesome how you manipulated the picture....very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't figure out what the last one even is....lol..
    I like the original.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this is wonderful! I love the Kaleidoscope effect. I have seen this done a few times and it always looks good. Yet I haven't even tried it with anything. LOL I need to.


    Empress C's Mono

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool photo to start with have to love the raindrop on the feather. I like all the conversions but that last one is WAY COOL.
    http://naarta.multiply.com/journal/item/400/MONO_MONDAY_24

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Linda I love the sepia as well as you know gators love sepia tones ...nice stand out with the dark background and feather remains "soft" in the conversion..the final is like a escher on acid looking thru a kaleidoscope very artsy..sweet entries for this week and missed having yo come down

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOOH!!! This is a great shot to begin with, but all the different conversions are awesome!

    http://nicegirlnurse.multiply.com/journal/item/416/Monchrome_Monday_24

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love the abstract and it's so great in the mono colors too. Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. The original mono version is my fave because I really like the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very interesting piece of work my firned... I really like the dffereiint stages you went thru to get it just fithe in the fianl. thanks for stopping bu my MM finals. aI did hav efun this wi=eek, and than is the reqjireand Hugd, lilanutumnandelfwolf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Lilangel has a defective keyboard. =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure that's all that is defective...:P

    ReplyDelete