Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Adventures of Linda Carol and Morticia

 
Last Wednesday morning, around 2am, Morticia and I arrived at the beach.  Even though we were tired and weary from our everyday lives, we felt a relief.  We were at the beach.  It was time to have fun.  Misery and trouble could not find us here.  Or so we thought.
 
Morticia's son, Travis, had purchased a new car.  She got up that morning to go help him iron out some insurance issues.  When she returned, we walked over to the Airport Diner.  They have a great breakfast there.  We sat down and I was eagerly awaiting my grits.  Then...my phone rang.  The health inspector was in my store and I was a the beach.  The waitress picked that moment to deliver my grits.  Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy them at that time.
 
We went back to Morticia's place and I was on the phone for some time, back and forth, with the store.  The inspection turned out okay but, it had taken some of the um-mph out of the day.
 
With all that behind us we decided to go to the beach.  The sun was shinning, clear blue skies.  A gorgeous day, at least for a while.  Usually, we go to Garden City but, this time we went to Myrtle Beach.  We payed our 2 dollar parking, started toward the water. 
 
 
That's when we heard it.  The sound of thunder.  Within minutes we were walking on the beach in the rain.  We had a great time although, I was a bit worried about my camera and several of my shots had blurry spots from the rain drops.  I was actually glad I had a filter on it so the lens itself wasn't getting hit.
 
As the rain got harder we ended up under the pier.  This too was fun.  I had so much fun trying to get different shots of the water.  The backside you see reflected in the water is Morticia's. LMAO
 
 
 
After this, we headed back toward the car  (Moticia's NEW car).  Wet but, happy.  We had decided to go to The Palace Theatre to see "The Magical Spirit of Ireland".  We called up to find out what time the show began and were informed that we needed to purchase our tickets in advance because this show filled up fast every night.  We were only minutes away from the theatre so, wet and bedraggled, we stopped on by.
 
The inside was gorgeous.  An amazing place.  We were told we could take pictures of the inside of the Palace but, not of the show.  We had a little time before the show began so, we went back home, checked out our camera's to make sure the rain hadn't caused any damage and had a bite to eat.  Got cleaned up and off we went.
 
If you ever get to Myrtle Beach, this is one show worth seeing.  The dancers were fantastic.  The Irish Tenors, fabulous.  The whole group was very friendly.  We had a chance afterwords to talk with them and grab a few shots.  Or, at least, Morticia did.  When we got to the theatre and I opened my camera bag, I realized, my camera was still sitting on the kitchen table. 
 
And this was just the beginning.  There was also the death of a hat.  The crazy lady on the beach and an interesting tale about  fried green tomatoes.
 
 
Okay, so I had to play a bit. LMAO.  I also did this in black and white but, It needs more tweaking.
 

33 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the crazy lady and the tomatoes. I've never had a fried green tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh .. love the shot of the churning water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fried green tomatoes are wonderful Holly. Ya gotta try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of the reasons I was enjoying myself so much. Trying to get shots of the water. Hard to do from under the pier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the photos Lindy and thanks so much for the invite, which of course was accepted with pleasure. Despite hte rain you sound as though you had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did Ronnie. I love the rain and play in it every chance I get. LOL And Thanks for accepting. Glad to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great time....I would love to see that show....how fun! Love all the pics too....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Deb. It really is a great show. Those girls are amazing with the things they can do with thier feet. And the Irish Tenors, one sang a song in Italian. He put so much emotion into it, I had tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are really getting good at meshing these pictures. Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks SweetP. Still got a lot to learn. Just think of the Friday cut and paste I could have done with this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. always a blast at the beach and myrtle holds so many memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pics & story..glad you got away..I got lots of green tamaters here! just waiting to be fried...yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. great shots!! very interesting story

    ReplyDelete
  14. we spent a week in NC at the beginning of the summer we loved it and will go back for sure

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mono shot under the pier. I remember eating fried green tomatoes - yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ain't nothing like a good ole friend green tomato...*smacks her lips...
    what about that Italian place...la rocca???
    YOu now I want to open an Italian place...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm placing my order now LB.
    I want penne alfredo with grilled chicken and a side order of garlic bread.

    Oh, and question for you eatery establishment experts.
    Why the feck can't you order chicken pizza over there? Is it just in the north. Do you do chicken pizza down south?
    Anytime I've ever asked for it I get looked at like I just asked them to boil me up a frog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. We could fry you up some frog down here.
    It really depends where you go for the pizza...franchises --- forget it.
    You got to find a local owned.
    Part of my family ran one in High Falls, Ga....superb...
    any kind of pizza you wanted...just order it...we'd make it.
    BBQ pizza...mmm mmm good.
    Chicken pizza with a white sauce/spinach...oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. PMSL!
    Chicken and bacon pizza..........................heaven - then ofcourse stuff crust it!!!
    Any what i meant to say is lovely pictures! Sounded great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. have never seen a green tomato ... have had a yellow one and they are wonderful ,.... great pics hon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where was the death and destruction I was expecting? lol

    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a fun trip Im gona try and get to Myrtle Beach in October you will have to give me some tips on what to see, Baz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where was all the death and destruction I was expecting? lol

    Great pictures, looked like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was expecting a bit more disaster myself. Still, a rainy day at the beach when you were expecting sun would be a downer. Great job salvaging the day, and I like the pics, especially the one with Mortica apparently rising out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Baz, you're gonna love Myrtle Beach. Threre's so much to see and do. Georgetown is about an hour away. You MUST go there. It's so beautiful and full of history.

    Then there's Brooke Green Gardens. It's awesome. You'll have to let me know when you're going to be there.

    Then there's the Ghost of Alice and the graveyard in Pawleys Island.

    Gary knows all about these places too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL Jim there was the death of a fly but, I'll tell that story later. It seemed the fates were after us. LOL And there's still the story of the Crazy lady on the beach. I'll do it later today.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanna know about that crazy lady....I am sorry worked followed you, next time turn your phone off...it can wait....great picture under the pier, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Una...all tomatoes are green before they ripen! that's when you pick them and fry em.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Did I even tell you I've been to Myrtle Beach too? LOL.
    Just re-reading your blog and I can hear your voice telling it to me now after the audio reply! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yep, you did cause I was having fits because you were so close Claire. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Was just thinking about Kill Devil Hills....sigh...would love to be over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's near by too. I've never been to the Outer Banks but, Morticia and I are talking about going. I would love to see the horses run. And all those lighthouses....

    ReplyDelete