Thursday, August 7, 2008

Picture Perfect~~~Precious

My Cousin, Morticia.  Yesterday, while chatting with Emmm, I brought up PP.  This weeks theme, precious.  Naturally, my grandmonsters came to mind but, I wanted something different.  Now, to show how slow I am, I didn't even think about "Precious"  Morticia's little friend.  Emmm reminded me of it.

Precious is Morticia's hand gun.  She's an ace shot.  She can out shoot all the males in our family, with the exception of her son, Justin and she's the one that taught him to shoot.

Precious goes with her everywhere she goes.  She does have a license for this.  I know there are those who will think this is a terrible thing but, in her business, it's a must.

It does make things interesting sometimes when we're going in and out of shops. LOL  Metal detectors start ringing when we walk in.

On a serious note, what's precious here to me is the bond Morticia and I share.  I dearly love my cuz.  She's one of a kind.  Not much she can't do.  She and Claire share a love of stitching.  She's a fantastic cook.  Grows her own vegetables.  Has animals galore.  She's raised a couple of deer that have been brought to her when the mothers were hit by cars.  She has a natural instinct when it comes to animals.  She's very good at healing them.

She's always there when a family member needs her.  She's always trying to take care of everyone.  Sometimes at her own expense.

There are many more things she's good at but, that's enough for today.  Off to work soon but, look forward to viewing the entries this week. 

Y'all take care.

For more on PP click here.

39 comments:

  1. Great blog on Precious, and how precious Morticia is to you.
    She'll probably forgive you now for the crappy pic you posted of her on the other blog now...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she can out shoot the "men" in the family..LMAO..Good for her!!!!!!!! and Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Morticia stories. Of course she would name her gun that. LOL Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bonds we have with the people close to our hearts are very precious. Great blog and photo!


    http://mistere123.multiply.com/journal/item/738/Picture_Perfect_-_Precious

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is nothing more precious than family and that's that. I think Morticia and my older sister (the retired police chief) might have a bit in common although to my knowledge she's not named her glock

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure that keeps the men in the family in line knowing that Morticia can outshoot them lol

    http://sharonl344.multiply.com/journal/item/152/Picture_PerfectPrecious_

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Morticia story Hun. Love hearing about her. This is a nice tribute to her and her wee friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how she named the gun...You and Morticia have such a special relationship. it's wonderful.
    Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a wonderful thing to have a friend and family in one person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful story. I also would out shoot any male in my family, my father taught me. Nice picture.

    http://bonniels.multiply.com/journal/item/239/PICTURE_PERFECT_-_PRECIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is certainly out of the box...but hey, interesting naming a guy "precious"..

    http://vickiecollins.multiply.com/journal/item/431

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog Linda .. you're lucky to have such a great relationship with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blog. I'd actually like to be able to shoot...I think....LOL. But I'm always whining about them anyway and the actually scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My cousin is unique. Sounds better than strange and uncommon. LOL THATS what makes her so interesting. She's Barbie and Daisy Duke all rolled up into one. Not to mention Martha Stewart. Dr. Dolittle and a host of others. I love her to bits and wouldn't change one hair on her head.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And we make a good team. LMAO cause I'm a bit unique myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL modest 2! lol a great blog Linda thanks for posting, Baz

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...so, with a gun, you've shown that what's precious to you is love! Well done!

    http://cherikeeusa.multiply.com/journal/item/100/PPF_-_Precious

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great tribute of love ~ of Monica's for your family and of yours for Monica.
    She sounds like a very precious and wonderful human being. Enjoyed this blog so much.
    Hope you and your family are having a very nice weekend!
    My Picture Perfect ~ Precious

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG She named it precious? ROFLMAO That is great I love it!

    Empress C's PP Precious

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... I wish I could meet this wonderful cuz of yours. Great take on the theme... and every pistol needs a worthy name. Thanks for visiting my pic. http://rumbledoll.multiply.com/journal/item/34/Protector_of_the_Last_Drop_of_Water

    ReplyDelete
  21. sweeet...cool take on it. Thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Defintiely an interesting take on the theme. Great photo!

    My Picture Perfect Theme

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for your visit. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete