Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Picture to words...The foggy path

 

She stumbled from the house, fighting the darkness until, she reached the fog laden path.  She stopped on the bridge struggling to calm herself.  Closing her eyes, she focused on the sounds of the water below.   Slowly, she began to settle.

Opening her eyes, she admired the beauty around her  The river running lazily under the bridge.  The mountains, in the distance, became clearer as the fog began to lift.  A family of deer were by the banks.  She smiled as she watched them. 

Her thoughts began to drift back to the house and the vision she had seen there.  There were so many unanswered questions.  Who was the man in the portrait and why had he been killed?  Who had shot him?  Why was the face, of the woman she had seen, her own?  Why had the house been empty for so long?

There were some questions that could be answered now.  Leaning on the bridge, her chin in her hand, she began to plan it out.   She would find out who the current owner of the house was.  Maybe she could go to the library and find some history on the house or talk to some of the locals here.

She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear the man walk up behind her.  He had been watching her for some time.  "You do realize you're trespassing" he said.  Upon hearing his voice, she knew, before she ever turned, what she would find.

Hair as black as night, eyes a deep blue, around his neck a silver medallion, with the word "Destiny" inscribed.

Maybe this was the place to begin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, I've sat here, for a long time, just to write a few words. LOL  Don't know how writers do it.  Then, the phone rang too, which was a blessing because, I needed a break.  With inspiration anew, I tried again. 

Someone on my last post said "they hope the story haunted me".  Guess it is cause now I want the answers.  

 Picture to Words is a great site.  If you would like to know more...click here.

Night Y'all

 

29 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying this - Part 2 has given me appetite for part 3. I too am glad for a break when I am writing - then I can go back and bring in a few new ideas.
    http://tabbynera.multiply.com/journal/item/600/Pictures_to_Words_3_-_The_Misty_Path

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice imagination and beautiful write up. I really enjoy reading it. Thanks for sharing. My entry for this week;s Picture to Word theme - Foggy path is at - http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/170. Pl. visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't wait for part 3 either. You write well Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU TURKEY!

    I'm going to come out to Who'sville and clobber you! You and I have to talk before you suffer grave injury. I will comment NO more on this series until I get another piece out of you. Humph!

    Pinkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed reading this, a lot was said in your writings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sounds like the start of a romance novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it does sound like a ....deep breath here...romance novel...
    enjoyed it until the guy with the medallion....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You may not know how OTHER writers do it, but you ARE a writer doing it your way. Slowly, but still, your way! And it's good. Keep going, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, it was me. I disguised myself as you and shot the twat with the medallion... and everybody else who got in my way...

    It's no good, I can live with the guilt, but I have to own up, I can't get the blood out of the floorboards...

    Maybe I should walk very slowly to the store?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to find out what happens.

    lol @ vamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, the medalion has some importance here. Just don't know what it is yet. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  12. But, the guy is dead LC....what to do ...what to do....lmao...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You better warn people about WALKING about on the Foggy path.....there be trolls about....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember Billy Goat Gruff tripping across the bridge???
    lol.........

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, that was wonderful! Part 2 gave me chills!!! More, please.
    Here's mine: http://kewlkatt.multiply.com/journal/item/372/Pictures_To_Words_-_Week_3

    ReplyDelete
  16. full of suspense!!! looking forward to the next chapter...
    thanks for your comment on mine... ",)

    ReplyDelete
  17. are you sure it's not ogres? Princess Fiona?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well sitting there u certainly were able to write... I agree w/you, for me to write a story is hard.. thanks for the visit.. i enjoyed your short story

    ReplyDelete
  19. you gave me nightmare, lol.....I enjoyed that
    Thanks for your visit to THE BRIDGE OF FAREWELL

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Hair as black as night, eyes a deep blue, around his neck a silver medallion, with the word "Destiny" inscribed..."

    i like it... like those Harlequin novels i used to read back in college. teehee:)

    so who killed the man in the portrait? pray, tell?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. writing about how inspired you are on seeing this photograph is what matters, a very vivid way of writing thanks for your visit and allow me to revisit you. is this agatha christie here or dawn browne style here?
    be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't take that picture Mitz. It's one used for the theme this week. I just wrote the story. Where the heck you been?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh goody !
    I enjoyed part two and yet again you left us with the thought of what might come next.

    ReplyDelete