Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Heart of the Matter

The Heart of the Matter

Migdalia Arelleno

 

I have been dubbed a romantic.  After reading the definition, guess it could be true.  Fact is, I Love Romance.  I think I'm just past the point in my life where there's going to be a lot of romance.  Not something I want, personally.  I'm enjoying the single life.  I come and go as I please.  No one telling me what to do or expecting something from me. 

Now, the definition of "romantic".

Function:
adjective
Etymology:
French romantique, from obsolete romant romance, from Old French romanz
Date:
1650
1: consisting of or resembling a romance2: having no basis in fact : imaginary3: impractical in conception or plan : visionary4 a: marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealized boften capitalized : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of romanticism c: of or relating to music of the 19th century characterized by an emphasis on subjective emotional qualities and freedom of form; also : of or relating to a composer of this music5 a: having an inclination for romance : responsive to the appeal of what is idealized, heroic, or adventurous b: marked by expressions of love or affection c: conducive to or suitable for lovemaking6: of, relating to, or constituting the part of the hero especially in a light comedy

 

Now, if you look at the chic's reflection, in the mirror, she doesn't look very happy.  She seems to me to be lost in thought.  Romance?  My bet is she's thinking of a romance that isn't to be.  Dreams and illusions have been lost in truth.  Now, she has to face "The Heart of the Matter.

 

 

25 comments:

  1. she is wondering where I am Linda lol. she has a nice back tho. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I think that the romance of life is lost when we leave our teens and realise that the lives we dreamed of living, the perfect partner, the idealistic love, would never materialize. But after we've gotten over the shock, little bits of romance reappear. I finally got married a 36 years old, I now have a home of my own to share and a life I can finally say I chose. The romance may all be in my head, but there are moments of sheer joy like when I arrive home and see 'my world', or I watch my husband play with the dogs on the beach. I believe these are my moments of romance where it all feels so perfect and so unreal. Even if this is interspersed with a little too much realism sometimes, I live for my moments of romance. Thank you for a thought provoking read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, so eloquently said (borrowing Holly's "SNORT")

    ReplyDelete
  4. dragonlette, I was just reading this quote:

    "If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
    - Unknown

    I think you're on the right track. Thanks for stopping by. Welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's thinking..........If he would hurry the f*ck up, I could get him to zip me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, Linda Beth, do we really want him to "hurry" LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only if he has lots of spending cash on him...lol........

    ReplyDelete
  8. F*ck it...I'll just use a coat hanger, and zip it up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's wondering why? Why she's once agian, looking at herself and searching for an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. answer to what? why her dress is unzipped again? the slut.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why because she feels saddness. A saddness that what she gave of herself was not enough. I could get really mushy here if I had the time but, gotta get ready for work. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank god...looking for vamp's bucket...

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's probably SAD because she can't spell sadness...roflmao...........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bite me, didn't have time for spell check...PMSL

    ReplyDelete
  15. If Vamp were here, she'd do the same thing....but, with more class.
    I'm still grumpy.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pic. I think she's the "other woman". And she's finally come to grips with the fact that's all she's ever likely to be.
    The quote. Beautiful.
    The most "romantic" thing I ever knew one of my friends husbands to do was very simple. She came home from work late. He had bathed the kids and put them to bed, had a hot dinner waiting , a hot bath drawn (complete with bubbles) and had lit every candle in the house. Not a huge bouquet of hothouse flowers, expensive wine or decadent food. He simply loved her enough to realize what would make her happy and did his best with the means at his disposal to give it to her. Isn't that real romance?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda B got there first with the zipper comment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. "This is what happens when you try to squeeze yourself into a dress two sizes too small"

    "I shouldn't have had that pizza and beer last night"

    "I'm taking this f*cking rag back to the shop, f*cking broken zip"

    "I shouldn't have lifted all those damn weights, now nothing fits and I look like a man in drag"

    ReplyDelete
  19. "I've too many muscles to be a convincing ladyboy"

    ReplyDelete
  20. She looks like an anorexic waiting to puke.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is sleepy and wondering how she is going to get a shower and dressed and that much needed caffeine all in 5 mins - nah that was me this morning! As for the zipper - jealousy is a terrible thing! I am jealous!!!!!!
    Ps Spell checking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Ok deep breaths... or I'm never going to wax my bikini line...."

    ReplyDelete