Thursday, December 6, 2007

Picture Perfect-Outrageous

Morticia

When I first saw this week's theme, my crazy cousin was the first thing that came to mind.  I thought about it today while I was at the lake.  A lot of serious issues crossed my mind.  As I have enough to deal with at the moment, I opted for laughter.

The following is a post I did on 360 about Morticia.  As for the photo above.....I do believe I caught her personality perfectly....LMAO!

 

Lunch with Morticia...

 

Always interesting...LMAO! The fact that I"m "man-less" only came up once (miracles do happen). I told her I didn't have to look for a man because, she's always doing it for me.

Now, to show you how serious she is about this, when our cousin Mia died, she decided to call one up. She told him she had a single cousin that she wanted to introduce him too. We were at the funeral home at the time. Sitting by Mia's casket.

Before any of you go off on a rant, If Mia could have, she would have been laughing her ass off. She would have loved it. As for me, I just walked out of the room. Lot of good it did me. She had him at my Aunt Flora's house the next day.

To be honest though, it helped Morticia to get through this time. So, it was okay. I really love her and there's nothing I wouldn't do for her. Well almost anyway....

I have a strange family but, we love each other and we're there for each other. We always have fun when we're all together. For some strange reason though, I'm the target. LMAO! As soon as I walk in the door something gets started. At least I've never ended up in the catfish pond!

I did enjoy my time with Morticia yesterday but then I always do. I guess our family has been through a lot the past few months. Morticia more than the rest of us. She and Mia were very close. They said they were Thelma and Louise.

I don't think our loved ones ever really leave us. If we keep them in our hearts, they are always there for us and if we really listen, when our lives are in turmoil and we can't seem to find our way, I believe we can hear them. They are there helping us find our way.

 

I enjoy Picture Perfect every week.  A lot of amazing pictures out there and wonderful stories.  If you would like to know more about Picture Perfect...click, click.


33 comments:

  1. family is outrageous sometimes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is family, unless we can be outrageous.. I think this is a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I just love eccentric family members....(friends too...hint, hint..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO Isn't MORTICIAS middle name OUTRAGEOUS! I believe it is! And remember this story too! Hehe! Great post! OUTRAGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why Serenole, "whatevar do you mean?" LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed that one Grasshopper...LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Heather and Quite Warrior, sometiimes, "Outrageous" doesn't even begin to describe my family. LOL But, I don't know where I would be without them. Especially, Morticia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frannier, Thank you. My family is big and insane but, they're mine and I love em. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo...love the hat!!! I remember the story from 360...it's definitely a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Thanks Deb. The hat definitely suits her personality....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, your love shines through the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *raises hand*

    I thank you for sharing this story...it is rather refreshing to family-tales...I, myself, am from what I fondly refer to as "a mildly dysfunctional family"...LOL...don't guess I would want them any other way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading this...and I totally agree, family is the most important things someone could have...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh families? Can't live with 'em, can't live with out 'em. Good blog, loved the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the post, guess I have a twisted sense of humor but I thought it was funny. Love her hat too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. Sometimes you need laughter to get you through the difficult times, even if it may seem outrageous to others!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with ladyexpat. It's the outrageous moments that help you through hard times. Great story and very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post LC...that Morticia is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Outrageousness runs in my family, too! hehe! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post, love the hat, and I agree, our loved ones live on in our hearts. We just have to be open to listening.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on mine. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you find the less than obvious spin on these picture perfect themes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Any woman with the name Morticia is fine in my book!

    She doesn't look outrageous, however.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Addams family do come to mind lmbo :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hei Linda

    Yup, family is sometimes soo outrageous...lol
    Good take on the theme.
    Keep so well and do have a grand weekend.
    Rii :)

    Mine's up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nothing more outrageous than family! It's a wonderful thing to be close to your family... some people miss out on such a great thing in life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great portrait of a very interesting character.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picture and story -- happened here from the tumbleweed tree -- so that's how audio reply works! thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  28. cute story and lovely picture. I have one of those cousin pics that shows exactly how they are. I told her at my sisters wedding I wanted a picture of her exactly how she is and I got the look of my cousin that I always remember her by. I can't wait till next year as my brother is getting married next year and we get to do it all over again!!! Have a great week, lilangelwolf

    ReplyDelete