Thursday, December 20, 2007

Picture Perfect-Festive Dedicated to Jean...Reply from Jean added.

fes·tive (festiv)

adjective

  1. of, for, or suited to a feast or festival
  2. merry; joyous

In the picture above, my friends and I at one of our trips to the beach.  Things were very "festive" that night.  We had so much fun but, there was a shadow over us.

We call ourselves SGOTM (Southern Girls on the Move).  We take trips together, go out to eat and catch up with one another once a month.  Last night was on of those nights.  And, I always take my camera.  This time especially since, one of us was missing.

Some of you know, my friend Jean is in Afghanistan.  She''s an Army Medic.  Her mother is a part of our group.  Last night we made a short video for her.  telling her hello, we miss her and we can't wait for her return.  I also took some shots of everyone for her.  They didn't turn out so well.  Lighting.  Played with aperture and shutter speed but, she'll like them.  One of the things she asked before she left was that we continue with our girls night out.  This was the first that I had been able to attend in a while.  They all rearranged their schedules for me.

Jean is one of the strongest people I have ever met.  She's also one of the kindest.  She'll take every step available to her to help anyone she can.  She's always calm.  She can step up into a whirlwind of a situation and have sanity restored in no time.  She's a Mother of 2 and a Grandmother of 3.  She hasn't seen her granddaughter yet.

So this post is for her.  I'll be sending her the link.  She'll be able to see the video and pics from last night.  I'm also adding a video I made for her before she left.  She didn't get to see it.  I'll be sending her the link to this page.  If you would like to leave her a message, wish her a Merry Christmas, please do so.  I'm sure she'll love to hear it.

Since I'm breaking the rules of picture perfect with all the pics and videos, I sent Heather a message first.  Thank You Heather.....

For Jean:

I miss you so much Chic.  You're always in my thoughts and prayers.  My admiration and respect for you know no bounds.  I'm thankful everyday for your friendship and for the person you are.  See you when you get home.  Till then, know we all love you.  Merry Christmas Jean.

 

 

 

SRG. Lori J. Pate

 

A reply from Jean:

 

Hey Girl, I just went to the site, THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! It was wonderful. I really needed that today too. There was 23 replys. Been out for the last few days, just got back in.
 
Love Jean

25 comments:

  1. I think its wonderful that you have that bond, and youve done a great job keeping that connection real while she is away.

    Happy Christmas Jean..be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That girl's a grandmama? You GOTTA be shittin' me!
    Hey, Jean, you have a Merry Christmas...as if you could have anything else, with friends like these.

    Linda, when she gets back, how 'bout we have a party for her here at Multiply?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the top photo, we were at a placed called "The Swing Bridge". There was dancing, laughter a whole lot of PJ. LOL We had a wonderful time that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Mop, I do believe you're on to something there. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to Jean and all who are away from their connection this season, for with out you all this world would be a sadder place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. Jean is blessed to have a host of friends like this.

    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gawd just had a thought...

    Do they sell Bailey's in Afghanistan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jean...
    Merry Christmas...Have the best holiday you can there, and know that lots of good thoughts are with you. Smile, knowing that next year you'll be celebrating at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful post hon ... may she come back to you soon ... safe and sound .... hugsss xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful story, and a wonderful group of friends you have. Merry Christmas to you all.
    Jean, a special MerryChristmas to you and your fellow soldiers. Thank you for your time and service, God bless you one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are exceptions to every rule, and this is why... what a beautiful story, and a wonderful tribute to your friend. i am sure this will mean so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best of the season to Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures..and your friend is a hero...great tribute

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful tradition you and your friends have created. I'm sure your friend, Jean will be very touched. Nice post, Linda. Merry Christmas to you all.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice compliments on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jean my hat is off to you and all the others over there, my nephew/godchild is leaving to go over there to Afghanistan in March !!! Take care and God Bless you !!!
    You all seem like wonderful great friends and I hope you will keep on for many, many more years to come !!

    Afghanistan

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely. Hi Jean, and Merry Christmas. May you get home to see your grandchildren and family soon. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice post... Merry Christmas Jean even if you're far from home!
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you have such wonderful friendship! All the best to you & your friends!
    Great take!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. friendz ... taint nuffin like 'em ... hold em cloze ... they will help you when the ztormz of life rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very nice and warm touch on the theme...
    Merry Christmas to you, your family and friends !

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a blessing you are to her... and to the rest of us that are privileged to know you. What a truly wonderful and festive gift to give.

    You are a wonderful friend. Christmas blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't know if this will work but, I'm putting this here, hoping you all will see it. I got a reply from Jean. She got the link on Christmas day. Just wanted to share it with you. Thanks again for doing this for her.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful gift to have received on Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete