1. You are a world class photographer for National Geographic Magazine....where are you and what are you shooting?
I would be in Scotland. Shooting the Lochs. Trying to capture the beauty of a time past. And maybe even run into Ole Nessy.
2. Give me your Top Ten List of things you would like to do if given the chance..
1. Go to Scotland and Ireland. I have Scottish roots and I would love to see this country. I also have Irish down the line in my family and have always wanted to go here also. I would want to go to the places where the old Ireland still exists. And let's not forget the Vamp. I would have to drag her along with me.
2. I would love to write a book. That's always been a dream of mine.
3. When I was 29, I was attending Tech. I was attempting to get an accounting and computer programming degree. After 3 semesters, I had to drop out. I had a husband that was not able to work at the time and I was raising 4 kids and working a full time job at night. I was on the Honor Society and even had my picture in the paper. I would go back to school. Take creative writing and photography courses.
4. I would own a book store. It wouldn't be just a book store though. There would be a place inside for reading. A small coffee shop. It would be a place for women. I would offer candles, perfumes and little things like that that women love. There would be beautiful works of art on the walls. Once a week, I would have a night for people to gather. Just to talk, be together, laugh and just be.
5. .Another thing I would do if given the chance is to have a place for women to go when in need. A safe place. I always said if I were rich, I would have a working ranch. A place where women could come and feel safe. A place with resources to help them rebuild their lives. With a place such as a ranch, there would be things to do that may help build self esteem. This would be a place where they could figure out who they are and what that want to do with their lives.
6. Sometimes trying to figure out the right thing to do is very hard. When my daughters where young, I was working a lot. Pretty much like now. I missed so many things in their lives. At the time I felt I was doing what I had to do to provide for them. Now, I sometimes wonder if their lives would have been different if I had been home more. If given the chance, I would be home more. I would be more involved in their activities.
7. I would go to the Outer Banks. Spend a couple weeks here, taking pictures of the horses running wild on the beach. To me, this would be so cool. There are also a lot of light houses in this area. I would love to see these and to take pictures of them also.
8 I would hear Michael Buble perform live. Thanks to Hollywolly, I am a "HUGE" Michael Buble fan. My favorite...Going Home.
9. I would work one job instead of two and have more time for things I love and the people I love.
10. I would spend a whole day on the banks of Loch Lomond. Taking pictures, listening to the water and dreaming dreams
3. You have won an evening out with Jack Vettriano. Where would you take him, and what would be the "one" burning question you would ask him?
I guess this would depend on what side of the ocean we were on. I think, either way, I would like to have him where i was staying. A quite place, where we could talk about his art. I would like to get to know the man behind the art. Who he is. More of the personal things about him. It would be interesting, I think to know more about his childhood. How and when painting was introduced into his life. What kinds of things he liked to do as a young Scottish lad growing up. As for the burning question.....How would he paint me.
4. You tour cemeteries and seem to have no qualms about it. Do you believe in a hereafter? Do you think there are spirits lurking about when you are in one?
I do believe in the hereafter and spirits. There are lot of things that happen around us all the time that are unexplainable. I've also had a couple of experiences in my life that have verified, for me, that spirits do exist. This would be a great question for Morticia. She can see and hear them.
5. You have the chance to play the role of a lifetime in a Hollywood movie. What movie would it be, and who would you play?
Well this ones easy....Gone With The Wind.....Scarlett O'Hara...Only thing I would change here is..My Rhett would be Sean Connery....
Right now, I'm going to get dressed and hit the road...work calls. Y'all take care.